SharePoint is an online solution from MicroSoft which allows its users to collaborate and share ideas across the whole entreprise.
For our clients who are using or thinking about using SharePoint, we have developed a way of displaying information and dashboards from Digimind directly into a SharePoint environment.
The Benefits of Using Digimind Inside SharePoint
For Digimind power-users and business users:
- Smooth and seemless upload of relevant content into a SharePoint KM database. Content validated by subject matter experts in selected Digimind folders will be automatically and immediately posted onto dedicated SharePoint portals.
- Generate and automatically refresh intelligence graphs and charts for upper management straight into a SharePoint KM database. All Digimind dashboards shared within a SharePoint portal are constantly updated.
- Build on and share human intelligence across the company. SharePoint users can directly contribute to Digimind from their SharePoint portals. Any contributions will be directly consolidated in Digimind for further analysis.
For SharePoint users accessing Digimind as readers or end-users:
- No need for Internet searches on competitors or customers: SharePoint users directly access content selected by intelligence experts from dedicated SharePoint portals.
- No need to spend time on competitor or market analysis: SharePoint users will have at their fingertips comprehensive Digimind dashboards from dedicated SharePoint portals.
- No need to maintain a list of domain experts to whom you can ask questions or report findings: SharePoint users can directly react to articles published in their SharePoint portals.
You can opt to display flows of information:
You can also display shared dashboards:
How Does It Work?
Flows of information
- Curators or subject matter experts in Digimind select articles and validate or store them in Digimind folders.
- The contents of these folders can be displayed in SharePoint portals.
- Any comments that are made on the information will be stored inside Digimind.
- This can be done without Single Sign-On.
- Digimind users create and fill shared dashboards, with stored information, analysis, profiles, alerts or news from the DCF.
- These shared dashboards can be displayed inside the SharePoint environment.
- Any work that is carried out on the dashboards (validation of information, comments, etc.) will be automatically updated in Digimind.
- This can be done with or without Single Sign-On.
Using SharePoint and SSO
Using a system of Single Sign-On (SSO) the user will connect to both Sharepoint and Digimind. The advantage of using SSO to integrate Digimind into SharePoint is that the user will not be required to login to Digimind before starting work.
The diagram below illustrates the steps involved.
- A user asks to open a Digimind page. This step is visible to the user.
- Digimind checks that this is a recognized user.
- The user is then redirected to the login page.
- Inside Sharepoint the user details are checked.
- The user is redirected to Digmind.
- Digimind checks the user’s details and synchronizes details, if necessary.
- The user accesses Digimind and works in a normal way. This step is visible to the user.
How can I connect SharePoint and Digimind?
The first step is to contact your Digimind Consultant who will be able to guide you through the steps involved. If you are thinking of using SSO, he / she will also inform you of the fee involved.