Advanced Options for Page Layout and Fields Inclusion
After you have selected the information you would like to include in a report you can then start making choices about the style, page layout and which fields to include.
To do this, click on " show advanced fields":
- by info: the information will be listed in the report without section headings
- by folder: the folders you have used will be used as section headings, breaking up the report
In addition, you can select to sort the information by date or by title (in alphabetical order) using the drop-down menu below:
You can select to display information that has been validated into more than one folder in each of the corresponding sections of the report. If you would like to present multi-classified information once only in the report, check the box:
Folders as section headings
You can decide to use only the folder heading as a section heading, or you can decide to use the full folder path. This will mean that the report contains section headings that contain the following type of information: project name / folder name / sub-folder name / sub-sub-folder name
If you select "display path from level" you will then be able to set how much of the folder path you would like to display as a section heading in the report.
Level 1 is the folder in which the information has been saved. Level 2 is the folder above this one, and so one. You can include up to four levels.
Either select a signature from the drop-down menu or create a new one in the box below:
Recepients and Free Field
The next two options depend on the report template you have chosen to use. Not all report templates contain these fields.
- Recepients: List the people who will be receiving the report. Their names will appear at the top of the report.
- Free field: Enter extra text that you would like to include in the report.
Fields to Include
You can select how much of the information you would like to publish in your report:
The image above shows the default settings. You can modify these by checking or unchecking the boxes.
- detail: the main body of the article or information as it has been validated into your folder
- extract: the automatic extract Digimind generated at the moment of validation
- images: if you have saved any images in the images section while you were validating information you can now select to include them or not
- date of original publication: the date on which the information was first posted onto the internet
- author: the name of the person who found and validated this information into Digimind
- source type: if you complete this field while validating you will now be able to decide to inform you readers where the information is from (twitter, corporate sites, etc.)
- links: the link to the original webpage on which the information was published
- importance: if you have tagged the information as being useful important, or strategic you can share this with your audience
- reliability: if you have tagged the information with a reliability (poor, medium or good) this can also be included in the report
- folder: the name of the folder into which the information was validated
- personal comments: comments added to the information as you validated it or by other users of your Digimind platform