Shared Dashboards and Personal Dashboards
There are two types of dashboard inside Digimind:
- Shared dashboards can be viewed by more than one person. They are created by a user, who then can decide with whom he / she would like to share the dashboard and any information or graphs on it. They are used both as a working space to validate information and also as a publication method to share stored information with other users.
- Your personal dashboard is only accessible by you. No one else can see the information or graphs that you choose to display.
How to tell the difference?
The style of the two dashboards is different.
A personal dashboard is recognisable by the black Digimind bar at the top of the page which allows you to search, monitor, manage, etc:
A shared dashboard has a search box at the top of the page.
Similarities between a shared and a personal dashboard
You can use a personal or a shared dashboard to do the following (depending on your level of user rights for the platform):
- search in the DCF
- search in validated information
- search information from your agents
- validate information to store in a Digimind folder
In addition, the same types of information or analysis can be displayed on both types of dashboard:
- news boxes (DCF search, alerts from agents, stored information, etc)
- analysis boxes (pie charts, bar charts, tag clouds, etc)
- profiles (updates or listings)
Differences between shared and personal dashboards
- Only the person who created the shared dashboard can modify its layout, the tabs and the information displayed on it. Only the person with access to their own personal dashboard can modify the layout, the tabs and the information presented.
- A given user will have only one personal dashboard. It is possible to have access to more than one shared dashboard.