Multi line graph
This analysis shows the number of articles associated with several entities, highlighting trends and changes over time. Each entity is represented on the graph by a different color.
This tool shows not only the underlying trends, but also allows for a better understanding of cause and event, thanks to the interactive links to articles associated with moments in time.
The line of the curve shows the number of articles associated with an entity over a time period. The line is automatically traced. A longer time period will result in a more detailed graph while the frequency chosen will affect the smoothness of the curve.
- Entities: you can choose to use the entities from an existing list or entities coming from “Find Out”.
- Proportionality: this changes the output from the total number of articles to the percentage of articles in the DCF containing the search term.
- Database: the default setting is to use the Digimind Content Factory. This can be changed to either alerts or validated information.
- Query: define the variable for which the line graph will be drawn.
- Range: define the time period for the analysis. This can run from one day to several years.
- Click: display the articles associated with the entity in reverse chronological order by clicking on a line.
- Hover: display the number of articles associated with an entity by hovering over the line.
A long time period combined with a high frequency will result in a graph that may be difficult to read. For periods greater than several months and / or for a large number of results it is recommended to set the frequency lower in order to see the pertinent points on the line more easily.
It is recommended to use no more than 5 entities so that each line is clearly visible.
Maximum number of entities is 20.