The treemap shows the same type of information as a pie chart but for several entities at the same time. It allows you to see the relative importance of a list of entities for more than one entity at a time.
It is useful for visualizing the relative importance of each component of a particular entity.
The calculation for a treemap is the same as for a matrix. The squares represent the number of results that contain both of the items from the two entity lists. The size of the square is an indication of the relative number of articles containing the two entities, a larger square showing there are more results.
- Entities: you can choose to use the entities from an existing list or entities coming from “Find Out”. You can configure the number of entities you would like to include.
- Database: the default setting is to use the Digimind Content Factory. This can be changed to either alerts or validated information.
- Query: enter a query to refine the results associated with the entities.
- Range: define the time period for the analysis. This can run from one day to several years.
- Click on a red rectangle: display the articles associated with the entity in reverse chronological order by clicking on a bar.
- Click on a grey rectangle: zoom into that entity and display on the results for it.
Calculation and display waiting time will be affected when there are a large number of entities in the analysis.
Maximum number of entities is 20.