Newsletters are one of the ways you can publish the information you collect using Digimind. To find out more about the different ways of sharing information read this post.
Newsletters are sent out on a regular basis, drawing from the folders or projects you specify to a predetermined list of recipients. It is also possible to create one-shot newsletters, or express newsletters (click here to read more).
How to create a newsletter
First, click on publish and then on "manager newsletters". You may find you do not have this option activated for your Digimind account. In this case you will need to contact the Digimind administrator inside your own company.
Then click on add a newsletter:
On the next page:
- Give your newsletter a name. This will appear as the object line in the mail.
- Select recipients for the newsletter. As the person who creates the newsletter you will be listed as the owner.
- Schedule the next publication and set the frequency for subsequent publications.
Open the advanced fields for more options:
- Set the format as either HTML or text.
- Choose the style of the newsletter in the template. To find out more about newsletter templates, click here.
- Newsletter structure. Multi section will allow you to create and name sections based on My Reader. Single section will present the information in one section, based on the My Reader interface. To find out more about My Reader, follow this link.
- Display: this is an option which allows you to divide the information into sections based on folders. To find out more about using folders in newsletters, read this post.
Further down the page, you will see:
- Language: you can select either English or French. This will modify standard language in the newsletter such as: If you wish to connect to your personal competitive intelligence portal, please click here. To get more information on Digimind Evolution software, please contact the newsletter administrator.
- Modify the header and the footer of the newsletter.
- Select which parts of the stored information you would like to include in your newsletter.
Fields to include: This defines which parts of the stored information you would like to publish in the newsletter. You can select from the following options:
- detail or extract: select to share either the whole article or only the extract
- images: if you seperate images from detail as you store the information, you can know select to include the images or not
- date of orginal publication: date of posting on the internet
- author: the person who found and validated the information into the Digimind folder
- source: as you store information you can select to name the source from which the information comes, this information can be shared in the newsletter if you would like
- links: the link to the original page from which the information was taken
- importance: the level of importance given to the information by the person who saved it
- reliability: the degree of reliability given to the information by the person who saved it
- folder: the name of the folder or folders into which the information was stored
- personal comments: any comments left by the person who stored the information
- list of attachments: the names of any files that have been stored with the information
- show likes, comments: these options allow the like and comment buttons to be integrated into the newsletter so that readers can like information or leave comments with a simple click. From November 2014 these options will be separated so it is possible to include either likes or comment buttons, but not necessarily both.
Then click on next.
You will now be taken to the page on which you can decide how to include information in the newsletter.
Single Section Newsletters
This will take you to the My Reader interface, and using the filters on the left hand side, you will be able to define the information you would like to include in the newsletter.
- Use the search box to include information that matches a specific query
- Use the Project section to select the project and folders from which you would like to draw information. If you want to select a specific folder, click on Filter, otherwise all the projects on your Digimind base will be included.
- For details of the other sections (author, advanced filters and your own tags) please read the article on My Reader.
Then click on save, at the bottom of the page.
You will be taken back to the newsletter page. To preview the newsletter before it is sent, click on the preview button:
Multi Section Newsletters
To find out how to create multi section newsletters, follow this link.