Newsletters & Folders
Newsletters are one of the ways you can publish and share information using Digimind. To find out more about creating a newsletter, please read this post.
Projects and folders are used to store the information you find using Digimind. Each project you create can contain folders, into which you can store your information.
When creating a newsletter you can select the folders from which you would like to draw information. In addition, you can use the folder tree to give a structure the newsletter. In order to see this option, you need to have the folders option for newsletter activated on your Digimind platform. If you are interested in this, please contact our technical help team who will be able to set this up for you.
Inside the advanced options of the newsletter generator you will then be able to click on the By Folder option.
In this example, I have used the Digimind newsletter template Redskin. The folders and their names are used to create sections and section headings in the newsletter.
Folder Option for Newsletters
In order to combine newsletters and folders in this way, you need to
- have this option activated on your Digimind platform. Contact the helpdesk who will be able to do this for you.
- select a template that allows for this. To find out more about templates, please read this post. The only Digimind template that does not allow for folders is the standard template. If you would like us to create a personalized template matching your corporate style, please contact the helpdesk who will inform you of the process and the cost involved.
Create a Newsletter Using Folders
Inside the advanced options of the newsletter generator, you will see:
Check the By folder option and make sure you have chosen a template that allows for folders.
On the next page you will be able to select the folders to use, and if necessary apply tags to refine the information you would like to publish. Read this post to find out more about using tags and newsletters.
Good to Know
- The name of the folder as it is written in the project will be used as a section title.
- Folders are presented in alphabetical order or in numerical order (if a number is included at the start of the name).
- Newsletter templates that you create yourself will also include the option to use folders as a structure.