Users Administration is part of the Administration section of Digimind. You will only have access to this part of the platform if you have administrator user rights.
The Users Administration tab lets you do the following:
- Create, edit and delete users
- Set user rights
- Assign users to groups
- Share agents, projects and dashboards with users
- See login records for users
When you open the page you will see:
- Users are listed alphabetically: click on their names to see and edit their details
- Role: the level of user rights that have been set for that user. For more details on user rights and what they mean, please read this.
- Groups: the groups to which this user belongs
- You can download an excel chart of the user's login history by clicking on the excel logo.
- Delete the user by clicking on the red cross. This action is irreversible.
You can use the search box at the top left to find a particular user and / or use the filters below the search box to find a set of users (by group, role, language, etc).
To create a new user, click on add user.
This will open a new page, the user profile page. Complete the details about the new user.
- Version: The default setting is d.9, but if you are working on an older version you may wish to attribute the same version as other existing users.
- Role: Use the drop-down menu to set user rights.
Edit Existing Users
Click on a user's name to open the user profile page (see image above).
Add the user to a group by clicking on the "Groups" tab.
Select the groups you would like this user to belong to by checking the boxes. Then click on save.
Set the sources the user will be able to monitor by clicking on "Data collection". This will open a new window:
Choose the type of source you would like this user to be able to add to Digimind agents. For more details on the different types of source, please read this. Check the boxes and then click on save.
You can open access to different features of Digimind.
- Project Manager: create and manage projects and folders This box must be checked.
- Profile Manager: access profile sheets This box must be checked.
- D7 Portal: This is a feature from a previous version of Digimind that we have maintained for some clients.
- Content Factory: search in the Digimind Content Factory This box must be checked.
- Evolution: an essential part of the platform allowing users to interact with Digimind. This box must be checked.
- Infomous: construct and interactive with tag clouds based on search results
- Online Reputation: manage your online reputation
- Analyzer: This is a feature from a previous version of Digimind that we have maintained for some clients.
- Analytics: benefit from graphs and analysis on dashboards
- Newsletters: can create and set up newsletter distribution
- Watchlist: can receive and create Watchlists
Click on the share tab of the user profile page to share agents, projects and dashboards with this user.
Click on the item to share and then use the buttons with >> to share this item with that user.
Use the << Remove buttons to stop sharing.
Advanced Options: bulk editing and reporting
When you click on the advanced options button you will see a drop-down menu:
Check the boxes by the users' names and then use the advanced options to select the editing or reporting you would like to carry out.