Operators Quick Guide
This guide will help you construct searches and queries with the right operators. You can also download it as a PDF.
If you are creating a list that you would like to use in a query, you will need to make sure that the list contains the right operators for the base you would like to search (agents or DCF).
5 need to knows
1. There is no limit to the length of a query in an agent. But, for good practice we recommend no more than 1,500 words (7,000 characters)
2. There is no limit to the number of keywords that can be applied to a folder. But, for good practice we recommend no more than 1,500 words (7,000 characters)
3. The length of queries for a DCF search and for searches in alerts, validated infromation and profiles is limited to 960 characters (nearly 150 words).
4. The ~ within the DCF works only within sentences. It will not funtion over a full stop or a period.
5. Searches queries for profile sheet must be longer than 3 characters.
Special Cases: ? and *
* and ? do not function for the DCF.
In addition, Pack of Sources from the URL Store cannot be filtered with ?. However * works to filter this kind of source.