A report is one way of sharing the information you find on Digimind. Reports are not generated automatically, unlike newsletters. You decide when you would like to create one.
There are two ways to create a report:
- using My Reader
- from the Publish button in the task bar
Use My Reader to Create a Report
1. Click on"My Reader" in the drop down menu for Manage.
2. This will take you to My Reader. You will be able to select the information to include in your report using the filters inside the interface. To find out more about the filters inside My Reader, read this.
3. At the top of the page, click on actions to reveal the drop-down menu and then click on Create a Report.
4. Then, on the "create a report" page, decide which kind of format you would like for your report. Tip: DOC allows you to adjust the layout before publishing. PDF doesn't allow this.
You can choose the style of the report by clicking on the "Report template" drop down menu.
5. Your report will be created in the format of your choice. You can then save it, edit it, mail it to someone, print it, whatever you'd like.
Use the Publish Button in the Task Bar to Create a Report
1. Click on Publish in the task bar and then on create a report:
2. Select to use folders or tags as a way of selecting information to include in the report.
If you select to use tags, you will be taken to the My Reader interface. See the notes above to find out how to proceed.
If you use folders to select information, you will be able to use the options on this page.
- select the folder or folders
- set the time period
In the advanced fields you will be able to:
- filter information by keywords
- select information from a particular tracker
- select information by reliability and importance
Then on the next page you will be able to select the information one by one or decide to include all the information in your report:
When you have made your choices, you will be taken to the page on which you can select the format for your report. See section 4 of creating a report with My Reader (above) for more information.